Danang Sculpture Foundation can arrange shipment from Danang to any port all over the world. For items of big sizes and over 50kgs (or 110 pounds), sea shipment is most recommended in terms of cost. Port-to-port shipping costs are often much cheaper than trucking costs even within the same country. Please contact Danang Sculpture Foundation regarding rates to a specific port in your country.
Depending on where the shipment is sent to the minimum charge may allow up to 300kgs (or 661 pounds) to be put onto a wooden crate without the price increasing. So please do consider ordering more items from us to save costs on shipping.
Frequency: every Friday and Sunday
Transit time: Less than a container load, except for weekends and holidays
Port of Loading: Danang, Vietnam
Port of destination
10 – 20 days
30 – 45 days
Los Angeles/Long Beach
Rio De Janeiro
45 – 65 days
We take utmost care to ensure that a statue or stone product is not damaged in shipping by packing each piece with care. However, the long journey from our site to your home is out of our control. We recommend you buy insurance for all risks (Insurance Condition A) from “port to port” for your shipment in case of loss or damage.
Port to port insurance
Some instructions in case of loss or damage
Please notice that your items are only insured to the port of discharge, not to your house. Therefore, please check your items before the reception at the port of discharge.
At the port of discharge, please look over the crate. If there is any damage to the crate, please stop opening the crate but contact the local Insurance Agent stated in your Insurance Policy.
If there is any damage to a sculpture or a stone product, please notify Danang Sculpture Foundation and Insurance company (Assurer) immediately so that the proper insurance measures can be taken.
It is the duty of you (as the Assured) or your agent, in all cases to ensure that rights against carriers, bailees, or other third parties are properly preserved and exercised:
– To make claim in written immediately on the Carriers, Port Authorities or other Bailees for any missing package
– In no circumstances, except under written protest, to give receipts where the goods are in doubtful condition
– To apply immediately for a survey if any loss or damage be apparent and claim in written on the Carrier or other Bailees for any actual loss or damage found a such survey
– To give notice in writing to the Carriers’ or other Bailees’ representatives within three days of delivery if the loss or damage was not apparent at the time of taking delivery
In case of loss or damage within the scope of cover under the Insurance Policy, please notify directly and immediately about the state of cargoes damaged such as the kind, the quantity, and the value, as well as the nature of the package of cargoes damaged to the Assurer.
Documentation of claims
To enable claims to be dealt with promptly, the Assured or their agents are advised to submit all available supporting documents without delay, including when applicable:
– Original Policy or Certificate of Insurance
– Original or copy of shipping invoices, shipping specifications and/or weight notes
– Original Bill of Lading and/or other Contract of carriage.
– Survey Report (if applying for a survey) and/or other documentary evidence to show the extent of the loss or damage, attached original photographs.
– Landing account or certificate and weight notes at the final destination
– Copy of sea Protest and/or extract of ship log (yes or no)
– Correspondence exchanged with the Carriers and other parties regarding their liability for the loss or damage
– Claims statement and other documents in support of Claims